ScramCard recognises the importance of safeguarding the personal information of its customers.
This website is provided by ScramCard Global (Hong Kong) Limited and describes our use of your personal information when you use this website.
Information we collect
We collect and process personal information in the following ways:
Information you give us
Personal Information. When you use the ScramCard Services, we may ask for information about you. This may include your name, date of birth, home address, billing address, office address, e-mail address, mobile telephone number, credit or debit card information, as required by us in order to complete your transaction and provide you with access to the ScramCard Services. If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide you with access to the ScramCard Services.
Information we collect from your use of our services
We may collect information about you, the ScramCard Services and how you use them. This could include:
- Transactional information about our Services and how you use them
- Information you share with us when you contact us for any reason either in writing, by phone or by any other means
- Registration details when you activate an account within our range of ScramCard Services
- Content you post on our websites, including personal descriptions, photographs and videos
- Information when you take part in promotions, competitions or surveys
- Details of your visits to the Online Services. This includes page interaction and Online Services site activity, including which website you came from and pages your viewed during your visit
- Data collected by cookies and corresponding technologies, together with the personal information we have collected
- Location information, for example your IP address
Information we receive from third parties
We may also receive information from third parties. This may include:
- Non-personal information used to supplement existing information, such as demographics and affluence metrics (e.g. social-demographic groupings through matching postcode information)
- Information about you from other sources with whom we work closely to provide the ScramCard Services to you.
How we use the information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Using our partners to fulfill your order for a ScramCard Service, collect payment, and otherwise provide you with the information, products and services you may request from us
- Complying with our and our partner’s legal and regulatory obligations (including fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and sanction screening). This may include checking the information you provide to us against information from other sources
- Enforcing any contract entered into between you and us for the ScramCard Services
- Contacting you (including by email or SMS) with marketing messages according to your preferences
- Providing you with any alerts, in App messages or other messages you have registered to receive
- Providing you with service messages, notifying you about changes to our Services or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Improving customer experience and our quality of service
- Data analysis to allow us to derive insight and to help us improve the ScramCard
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of ScramCard for marketing purposes or otherwise, nor do we sell your personal information.
The only time your personal information may be used in such a manner that it can be shared with a third party is if:
- We are purchased by a third party, in which case personal information that is available to us through out partners, including you as our customer will be transferred. We will notify you of this through the most appropriate means
- We have aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, which is to be used for segmentation, statistical modeling, general research or trend analysis
- We need to comply with the obligations we have to our third party product issuers or third parties providing products or services on our behalf, so that they may process your order or otherwise provide the information, products or services you have requested (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of personal information by such third parties in accordance with such policies)
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information that’s available to us through our partners in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ScramCard, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Retention of Personal Information
ScramCard only retains your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use Scramcard services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we pass to our partners to maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner so please tell us if you think our partners hold incorrect information about you on our behalf by emailing us at [email protected]
Cookies are common and do not harm your system. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, tablet or phone by a web browser or by an app, which have been sent to you by a web server or when you install an app; they simply store or gather site information such as iOS, language etc. It is essentially an identification card relating to you. Cookies help you do things online and in-app, like remembering your login details so you don’t have to re-enter them when revisiting a site.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites and within apps;
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites and apps;
- Store log-in details for our secure sites and apps.
You can disable cookies from your computer, tablet or phone by following the instructions at www.allaboutcookies.org. However, if you do not accept incoming cookies then the performance of our websites or apps may degrade, and in some cases you may not be able to use them at all.
Links to Third Party websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our selected partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
If you require access to the information we hold about you, as detailed above, please email us at [email protected]. Any request may be subject to a small fee, where we are legally permitted to charge in order to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about you is accurate, current and complete. We respond to your requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner so please tell us if you think we hold incorrect information about you via email at [email protected].
ScramCard does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide personal information to ScramCard. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that a user’s personal information from our systems. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Providing personal information about other people
You can provide us with another person’s personal information to enable us to ship gift cards to them to allow applications to be made for access to ScramCard Services.
This information will not be retained by ScramCard once the gift card has been dispatched to the person whose information you have provided us with.
Removal from ScramCard’s Email Notifications and Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from us. While this may mean that you will not receive product, service or promotional information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications and communications please e-mail [email protected]
You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email or SMS marketing message we send you.