Including the reasons why and why not!
With many decades of combined experience in financial services, information security and commercialisation, the ScramCard management team delivers the essential capabilities needed to ensure the delivery of the organisation’s objectives and core value propositions.
Led by the founder of ScramCard, the team is passionate about ScramCard and intends doing everything to ensure you are too.
Simon is the ScramCard CEO because:
- He has over 30 years experience in Information Security within the Financial Services Industry (FSI);
- He held senior executive level positions within a number of major international banks and was responsible for multi-million dollar budgets and each organsation’s information security strategy;
- He won a national Australian award for information security awareness development;
- He’s filed numerous international patents, the majority of which form the basis on which ScramCard’s products and services have been developed;
- He knows what makes people tick when it comes to payments and information security; and because
- He loves ScramCard and believes the products and services will have a significant and positive impact on the FSI.
Simon is NOT the ScramCard CEO because:
- He made a nepotistic appearance in The Borrowers movie as a policeman, for which you shouldn’t blink (for risk of missing it!);
- He helped produce the Australian horror movie Wolf Creek, for which it’s hard to keep your eyes open; or
- Because he owes a debt of gratitude to his wife Sarah, son Jack and daughter Matilda for their unwavering support and love in his quest for making people love ScramCard as much as he does.
Ron is the Chairman because:
- He has operated in senior financial and business leadership positions over the last 35 years;
- He was Director of Corporate/Business Development for Zurich Financial Services in the UK, South Africa and Ireland, running the M&A function;
- He was international CEO for Crawfords, a New York stock exchange quoted company where he provided leadership and strategic direction;
- He spent 6 years with G.E Capital where he held various CEO roles subsequently running the UK auto consumer finance business;
- He was a director of The First Personal Bank (now G.E Capital Bank), representing G.E Capital’s UK Bank of England licensed bank;
- He is a graduate of both the Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh (Economics) and the London Business School (Dip. Corporate Finance) and is also a Scottish Chartered Accountant; and
- He serves on the boards of both London listed and UK private companies.
Ron is NOT the Chairman because:
- His wife has a single figure golf handicap and he does not!;
- He still thinks he’s 25 but he is not!; and
- He thinks that Scotland will win the Six Nations but will likely not!
Tycho is the ScramCard CTO because:
- He has over 20 years experience in IT services and financial IT and started programming at the age of 8.
- He founded several successful companies, responsible for the technology behind a number of multi-million dollar projects;
- He has established highly efficient teams around the world, technically managing over 300 developers in different locations;
- He has won several awards including the Deloitte Fast 50 in the Netherlands on four occasions;
- He created and sold the largest free dating site in the Netherlands and created and sold one of the largest free hosting sites in the world, demonstrating strategic and practical software and project management experience; and
- He loves ScramCard because he has a passionately keen interest in both hardware and software and can’t wait to use one.
Tycho is NOT the ScramCard CTO because:
- He co-owns a craft beer brewery in the south of Spain (or is that a reason why he is the CTO?);
- He was Chuckie Egg (an 8 bit processor game) champion at the beginning of the 1980s; or
- Because he can spend too much time perfecting wood oven pizzas and home made chocolate with his wife Liz, four dogs, three chickens and two cats.
Chief Marketing Officer
Matthew is the ScramCard CMO because:
- He is a highly experienced business professional with over 25 years international experience;
- He brings a broad range of skills across marketing, advertising, creative strategy and production to every brief;
- He has worked closely with CEO Simon Hewitt on a range of strategic information security projects (and some others!);
- He believes it’s about time that multiple PINs and Passwords were a thing of the past; and
- That you should be able to link all of your payment cards into one; and
- He knows that people will love ScramCard just as much as he does.
Matthew is NOT the ScramCard CMO because:
- His worked with the CEO Simon on Wolf Creek which had its international premiere at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival; and
- The film was also an ‘Official Selection’ at the Cannes Film Festival ‘Director’s Fortnight’ in the same year; or
- Because of his addiction to great coffee and bacon and egg sandwiches.
Julia is the ScramCard CCO because:
- She has over 20 years’ experience in marketing and sales across different sectors;
- She was CEO of an international consultancy specialising in marketing and sales leadership;
- She is the winner of the Most Influential Woman in Inbound Marketing (London);
- She has advised some of the world’s largest companies on marketing and sales strategies;
- She’s passionate about the integration and alignment of marketing to drive sales, for tech companies.
Julia is NOT the ScramCard CCO because:
- She keeps sailing around the Fastnet rock in the Irish Sea boring everyone with pictures of waves;
- She pretends that she doesn’t really want to enter The Great British Bake Off; or
- Every year she gets the sympathy vote when she fails to hit any target (no matter how large), in any sport, at CenterParcs.
Elisabeth is the ScramCard Chief of Engineering because:
- She has over sixteen years’ experience in the smart card industry;
- She worked for FIME, dedicated to testing for EMV card certification;
- She was an EMV smart card code developer and validator for Gemalto before becoming responsible for European issuers card personalization as a technical consultant;
- She was in charge of certifying EMV payment card issuers and EMV card products on behalf of American Express;
- She was American Express representative in EMVCo for the Card Approval Working Group (CAWG);
- She loves ScramCard because it is an innovative and necessary product in a world were convenience is prioritised over security.
Elisabeth is NOT the ScramCard Chief of Engineering because:
- She doesn’t wear glasses and still has a good head of hair;
- She is Spanish and doesn’t like olives. Yes, it is possible; or
- Because she’s a woman and doesn’t like chocolate!
Emily is the ScramCard Programme Manager because:
- She is a PMP certified programme/project manager;
- She has 17 years’ experience working within the financial industry across multiple roles including business analyst, project management, testing lead, and people leader;
- She is highly organised and a strong communicator and not shy to put her point of view across;
- She is willing to get involved within any area of a project where her skills will assist;
- She loves ScramCard because deep down she is a geek and is astonished how innovative and secure the ScramCard products are.
Emily is NOT the ScramCard Programme Manager because:
- She is extremely clumsy;
- Is the oddity of her family by being the only left hander and being colour blind (which apparently is rare for a woman);
- She likes kids’ films but isn’t that keen on actual kids!
Catherine is the ScramCard Administrative Director because:
- She has an extensive range of administrative and financial accounting skills;
- She has over fourteen years of customer service experience and loves helping people;
- She is ridiculously organised and can find order in chaos; and
- She loves ScramCard because it’s a fantastic product and she cannot wait to show it to everyone she knows.
Catherine is NOT the ScramCard Administrative Director because:
- She knows every word to almost every Disney song;
- She is a massive Star Wars fan and has been for over 20 years; or
- Because she has a husky dog that she still calls a puppy, even though he’s seven.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have in-depth experience in both payments and information security, ScramCard would love to hear from you, especially if you have a strong bias towards emerging payments and security related innovation.
So, if you meet the above requirements and think it’s time for a step change in your career, feel free to get in touch with a short bio and reasons why you would like to join us. You never know what might happen!